House Cleaner Service – Master Cleaning Now chose a few tips to help neutralize the smell in the fridge.
Often, even in a clean refrigerator, there is a characteristic odor that extends to the products in it.
If the fridge smells unpleasantly, it means that some gastronomy spoils, and not only the smell bothers, but also the bacteria spread to neighboring products.
The source of unpleasant odor in the refrigerator
It is important to always monitor the freshness of food in the refrigerator. The first reason for the appearance of an unpleasant smell in it are spoiled products. Stale chicken eggs, canned food, yesterday’s salad, a jar of pickled cucumbers, etc.
Another source of unpleasant odor in the refrigerator is dirty packaging, as well as spilled and poorly wiped liquid.
In the third place there are sources of unpleasant odor in the refrigerator – damaged packaging with drips of milk, brine, broth, meat juice, etc. With a long stay in the refrigerator, the products themselves can remain fresh, but the packaging in which they are stored will emit an unpleasant smell.
The stench also appears if the refrigerator has been turned off for a long time. Then, because of the moisture inside it becomes covered with mold and exudes a characteristic odor.
How to remove the smell from the refrigerator
1. To neutralize the stench in the refrigerator, use a lemon. Cut the fruit and place the two halves on a plate inside the refrigerator compartment. Lemon should be in the fridge for at least four days.
2. Wipe the walls and shelves of the refrigerator with a solution of vinegar and water in a 1: 1 ratio. After that, leave the saucer with a large piece of cotton dipped in vinegar overnight inside the refrigerator.
3. Refrigerate half of the raw, peeled onion. Let the vegetable lie there all the time – onions absorb all the smells. The main thing is to ensure that in the immediate vicinity of it did not lay other products.
4. To get rid of the smell in the fridge, you can use sliced apple or raw potatoes. Change this “filter” every 3-5 days.
5. Take 10 tablets of activated charcoal, which should be crushed into powder, and put in a saucer for a day in the refrigerator.
6. Pour several handfuls of dried rice grains into a bowl and place in a refrigerator in a container.
7. Spread black bread slices on the shelves of the refrigerator for several days.
8. You can use coffee beans and dried orange and pomegranate peels.
9. Place an open container in the refrigerator with a thick slurry of water and baking soda. The mixture will quickly absorb all odors.
10. Sugar and salt act as a good odor absorber. Put a handful on a plate and put it on the shelf in the fridge.