Residential Cleaning Service – Master Cleaning Now has prepared some tips for the proper washing of terry towels
We are accustomed to carefully follow the instructions on the labels, washing clothes. But it is worth remembering that the rules of washing and drying exist for towels. To keep your terry towels soft and dense for a long time, they must be properly washed.
Terry toweling is 100% natural, high-density cotton, which is highly hygroscopic and requires rinsing with plenty of water. Therefore, terry towels can not be washed in the economy mode of the washing machine.
How to wash terry towels
– so that the threads do not stretch out and the towel remains soft and fluffy, it is necessary to wash with a spin up to 800 turns;
– Wash velor towels at 40 ºС so that they are not damaged;
– when washing color – use means to preserve the intensity of the color;
– erasing white – use powders with optical bleach;
– so that the towels remain soft and do not lose their ability to absorb moisture, add a conditioner to rinse the terry cloth containing silicone.
Note that the use of abundant amounts of conditioner, when washing, impairs the ability of terry cloth to absorb.
Terry towel care
In order for terry towels of any color and size not to be stretched and not wiped, remaining new as long as possible, you need to follow simple but important rules:
– if elongated loops appear on the towel, it is necessary to carefully trim them with scissors. Do not worry that the product will start to bloom – this will not happen with woven fabric;
– when washing towels in a typewriter, throw a ball into the drum to break the terry and fluff;
– do not throw wet dirty towels in the basket with other things for washing, they should be washed immediately. Products can absorb the smell of dampness and mold;
– dry towels in the open air or with an electric dryer and they will be soft and fluffy;
– terry towels do not need ironing. If you need to iron products (for small children or a towel for the face), do it with a steam brush or steam from an iron;
– If there is embroidery, appliqué or print on the towel, after drying, iron it with a slightly heated iron.