House Cleaning Services will tell you how easy it is to wash the blinds
Blinds – a good and practical way to protect yourself from the sun’s rays while decorating the interior. Each owner of this type of curtain knows that with time a layer of dust will form on them. To keep it clean and tidy, you need to wash them periodically. And then the question arises: how quickly wash the blinds? It is important to do it correctly, because of the different structures and materials, some wash with water, while others are vacuumed and wiped. Knowing a few simple rules, washing them will not be a difficult task for you.
Blinds on the design happen two types:
At the same time, they may differ in the material from which they are made. By type of material they are:
For different types of curtains will have to choose the most effective method of cleaning and detergent. Therefore, before you wash the blinds, make sure that the chosen method suits you.
Methods for washing the blinds
For all such curtains, there are two basic cleaning methods.
Wash the blinds in the bathroom
The first way is to remove them and wash them in the bathroom. This method is used when blinds are heavily soiled.
For vertical blinds:
- To begin with, they should be cleaned of dust using special means of dry contamination, and then taken to the bathroom;
- It is important to know that you should not use a washing machine, as this will affect the quality of the blinds themselves, as well as not use too hot water;
- It is necessary to soak them in warm water using a good washing powder, do not fold or bend;
- Wait about 10-15 minutes and wash each strip with a soft brush;
- After that, dry well, without wringing, and attach to the profile;
- Weights can be attached to align the elements.
If you do not know how to wash horizontal blinds, then follow this procedure:
- Due to its location, such curtains accumulate more dust on themselves. Before washing, it is necessary to remove and wipe them with a usual rag from its accumulations;
- Next, it is worth translating the blinds in the “closed” position and using the shower to rinse them with warm water while rubbing with a sponge;
- After washing, thoroughly wipe each lamella with a dry cloth and attach it to its place
If the pollution is strong, then you can use detergents for washing. Since it is quite easy to wash horizontal blinds, it will not take long:
- They should be rolled up and dunk for a few minutes
- After that, sponge all contaminated areas and rinse thoroughly
- Next, let them dry, so that the lamellae do not stick together, and hang in the open position for complete drying
Wash the blinds right on the window
This method is the most convenient, since it is much easier to wash the blinds without removing them from the window, and even an inexperienced housewife can cope with it.
Let’s figure out how to wash the blinds, without removing them from the window, if they are arranged vertically:
- These structures do not stick dust, because they are impregnated with a special composition. Therefore, the simplest method of cleaning is a vacuum cleaner;
- After that, just wipe the strip with a damp cloth, and cleaning will be completed.
How to wash the blinds without removing them from the window
How to wash horizontal blinds without removing them:
- First you need to wipe each lamella with a dry cloth to remove dust
- Then hold the closed blinds with a napkin to clean the monitors
This method is fast in time, and there will be no divorces on the bands. You can also use ordinary wipes moistened with water, but in order to avoid stains, you should immediately wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
If the pollution is more serious than ordinary dust, for example, grease stains, then dishwashing detergent will do. It can be diluted in water, and with a soft sponge to wipe all the slats, then wipe thoroughly and dry.
How to wash blinds from various materials
So how to properly wash the blinds is our main task, let’s try to figure out which cleaning method is most suitable for different materials from which blinds can be made:
- Plastic blinds, which are most often used in the kitchen, should be washed immediately with soapy water. Since washing the blinds in the kitchen can be quite problematic due to the accumulation of grease and even soot, before washing such blinds, they should be cleaned beforehand from large accumulations of dirt;
- In no case can the wooden strips and elements be washed with alkaline substances and under running water. To do this, it is better to use a cloth soaked in a soapy solution and a pressed one: hold it in polluted places and then wipe them dry. It is recommended for this type of blinds to use polishing and anti-static agents;
- Fabric blinds are cleaned with a vacuum cleaner and a damp, soapy sponge. If there is strong dirt (stubborn stains, grease), it will not be possible to clean them without removing the structure from the window. Blinds will have to disassemble, remove the fabric from them, then soak it in a weak solution of detergent and rinse under running water. Drying fabric in a natural way;
- Bamboo curtains can not be washed under running water. For their cleaning, it is recommended to use a vacuum cleaner and a wet brush. They need to be dried in the sun;
- Since it is impossible to quickly wash the aluminum blinds without noticeable deformations of the strips, we advise you not to rush into this matter. Do not use powders and sponges with abrasive particles, as well as alkaline products. Aluminum lamellae should also be protected from the formation of salt on them from the water.
How to wash blinds from various materials:
- In addition, there are several basic rules that must be followed for all types of curtains and materials:
- Ensure that the detergents used do not contain large amounts of alkali;
- Do not allow water to enter the upper profile;
Try to avoid too strong and ingrained pollution, and periodically clean the blinds from dust and remove stains as they appear;
By following these simple guidelines, you can quickly and easily clean windows with blinds.